We take the privacy and security of your personal data very seriously. We handle personal data that we process to carry out our activities with care. We ensure a high degree information security in accordance with generally recognized standards and practices, and we only collect data that is necessary. Our employees are regularly trained in handling personal data and are obliged to maintain confidentiality.
This privacy notice explains how we use any data information we collect about you, and your rights in relation to your personal data. It applies in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is the data controller?
The Swiss Pool for the Insurance of Nuclear Risks, Mythenquai 50/60, 8002 Zurich is the controller for the Swiss Pool for the Insurance of Nuclear Risks’s processing under this Privacy Notice.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect personal data about you when you interact with us, such as when you visit our website, register for an account, use our services, or contact us for support. «Personal data» refers to data relating to an identified or identifiable person. We do not use or need «Sensitive personal data». The types of personal data may include:
- Email address
You are generally not required to provide us with any data. However, if you choose not to provide us with data, it could mean that we are unable to enter into or maintain a contractual relationship, interact with you, or provide you with access to sites and services.
How do we use your personal information and what is the legal basis of the processing?
We use your personal data for the following purposes: Extranet
We may also use your personal information for other purposes that are compatible with the original purpose for which was initially collected.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes of the processing or as required by law. After this period, your personal data will be securely deleted.
Do we share your personal information?
We do not sell your personal data to third parties:
We may disclose your personal data to third parties both domestic and abroad, in connection with our services, our legal obligations or otherwise to pursue our legitimate interests and the other purposes set forth in this privacy notices. These recipients are contractually required to comply with applicable data protection laws as well as any applicable confidentiality requirements.
In order to provide our services and fulfill our contractual or legal obligations, we may work with data processors such as suppliers, IT and other service providers who process personal data on our behalf. These are contractually obligated to process the data only for the purposes of providing their service to us. Personal data will only be disclosed to third parties for their own purposes after appropriate notification and based on your consent, if required by law.
We may disclose personal data to domestic and foreign recipients, even if the data is subject to secrecy obligations. In many cases, the disclosure of this type of data is necessary for the performance of contracts or otherwise for the purposes described in this Privacy Notices. Non-disclosure agreements do not generally exclude such disclosures, including disclosure to service providers. Taking into account the sensitivity of the data and other factors, we always ensure that data recipients handle the data in an appropriate manner.
For the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice personal data may be disclosed to our web hosting & web design partner: Quartell GmbH.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data, depending on the applicable data protection law:
- Access: You have the right to request information form us as to whether and what personal data we hold
- Rectification: If any of your details are incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete you can ask us to correct the data
- Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your data in some circumstances, in particular for direct marketing purposes, for profiling carried out for direct marketing purposes and for other legitimate interests in processing. For other processing done under legitimate interests we will after your objection re-assess the balance between our interests and yours, considering your particular circumstances. If we have a compelling reason, we may still continue to use your information.
- Withdraw of consent: You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, provided that our processing is based on your consent.
- Data portability: In some circumstances you can ask us to send an electronic copy of the Personal Data you have provided to us, either to you or to another organization.
- Restrict processing: If you are uncertain about the accuracy or our use of your information, you can ask us to stop using your information until your query is resolved. We will inform you of the outcome before we take any further action in relation to this information.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your Personal Data if deleting your data is not in conflict with our legal and regulatory obligations. If we are using consent to process your information and you withdraw it, you can ask us to erase your information.
If you do not agree with the way we handle your rights or with our data protection practices, please let us or our Data Protection Officers know. If you are located in the EEA, the United Kingdom or in Switzerland, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority in your country:
Howe you can contact us?
If you have any questions, concerns or requests regarding this privacy notice or your personal data, including how it is processed, please contact us at:
How can we change this privacy notice?
Our webserver is located in Switzerland.
We use different technologies to provide and optimize our online services, as well as to allow us and third parties engaged by us to recognize you during your use of our website, and possibly to track you across several visits.
We do not intend to determine your identity, even if that is possible where we or third parties can identify you by combination with your registration data. However, even without registration data, the technologies we use are designed in such a way that you are recognized as an individual visitor each time you access the website, for example by our server (or third-party servers) that assign a specific identification number to you or your browser (so-called «cookie»).
What are Cookies?
Cookies are individual codes (for example a serial number) that our server or a server of our service providers or advertising partners transmits to your system when you connect to our website, and that your system (browser, cell phone) accepts and stores until the set expiration time. Your system transmits these codes to our server or third-party server. In this way, you are recognized even if your identity is unknown.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them. We distinguish the following categories of «cookies» (including other technologies):
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary for the functioning of the website or service. They are usually set to manage actions made by you. For example, they ensure that you can move between pages without losing information that was entered in a form. They also ensure that you stay logged in. We can also use these cookies to set up essential functionalities to guarantee the security and efficiency of the service requested, such as authentication and load balancer request. These cookies exist temporarily only («session cookies»). If you block them, the website may not work properly.
- Functional cookies: These cookies are not strictly necessary, but they can improve the user experience by storing options or information (which you have entered) beyond a session (i.e., a visit to the website) if you use this function (for example language settings, consents, automatic login functionality, etc.). Functional cookies can be first party cookies or third-party cookies. Before we use such cookies, we ask for your consent.
How can you control cookies?
You can change, control or deleted cookies in your browser settings.
Last updated: August 2023